2008 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony


The life of a night DJ means screwed up hours. I wake up around noon, go to work at 3 p.m., get off work at midnight then fall asleep around 3 a.m.

Tonight was different. You see, my girlfriend LOVES the Olympics so she watched the Opening Ceremonies as they aired tonight while I was on air. I talked to her on the phone after I got off work and she was RAVING about what she had seen. I thought to myself, "It can't be that good." So at 1:45 a.m. NBC started rerunning the broadcast of the 2008 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremonies and I decided I'd give it a shot.

Never in my life have I said out loud, to no one, "Oh my GOD!" while watching a television program as much as I did during this viewing. Never has my jaw dropped as often as it did from 1:45 a.m. 'til 6:00 a.m. Yep, I watched the entire thing.

Sure there will be arguments over issues surrounding the games and China as a host - but no one can argue this was the most breath-taking Opening Ceremony ever seen. I mean did you see the "Printing Blocks"?! Unbelievable.

I want my own 500 foot LED screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make my LED screen 600 feet! It was so much fun to watch the Opening Ceremony.gkcqko