August 22, 2008

STAR Artist Avril Lavigne's Malaysian show will go on. She tells me, "I have been approved by the government to play, I've already sold up to 10,000 tickets. I respect the country and their decisions but I've been approved by the government so I'm gonna go put on a show there and have a good time."

STAR Artist OneRepublic will join-up with fellow STAR Artist John Mayer on tour tonight. Lead singer Ryan Tedder says he's excited about touring with John because, "He's funny as hell. I'm excited to just sit and chat it up with him, and laugh." OneRepublic is also planning to launch a North American tour on their own, starting at the end of October.

What does it take to put on a tour with STAR Artist Madonna? Take a look:
-3,500 individual wardrobe elements
-250 tour personnel total
-200 makeup sponges
-120 powder puffs
-100 pairs of fishnet pantyhose
-100 pairs of kneepads
-69 guitars
-18 racks of clothing
-16 caterers
-10 flight cases of medical suppplies
-9 wardrobe people
-4 freezers full of icepacks for Madonna and her dancers
-2 stages
-1 chiropractor, personal trainer and masseuse

Is STAR Artist Coldplay planning to surprise the world by releasing the follow-up to "Viva La Vida" next year? Evidently the band's sessions on the last album were so productive they already have most of its follow-up in the can.

Now that they've married, will Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi start a family? Even the newlyweds aren't sure. Portia tells me they've gone back and forth on the issue, "I don't know if it's our immediate future. It's something we talk about every few months."

The official cast list for the nest season of Dancing With the Stars gets announced Monday morning, but here it is (updated from my previous post)
* Socialite and reality TV star Kim Kardashian
* Former 'NSYNC member Lance Bass
* "Un-Break My Heart" singer Toni Braxton
* TV personality Brooke Burke
* Former sprinter Maurice Green
* Hannah Montana actor Cody Linley
* All My Children actress Susan Lucci
* Retired NFL star Warren Sapp
* Olympic beach volleyball player Misty May-Treanor
* Actor Ted McGinley
* TV personality and Sugar Ray singer Mark McGrath
* 82-year-old actress Cloris Leachman
* Comedian Jeff Ross

No comments: