November 4, 2008

Most of the guys from STAR Artist The Plain White Ts are backing their hometown hero, Barack Obama (they’re from the suburbs of Chicago) but lead singer Tom says, “It doesn't matter to me really where he's from, I just think he's amazing and hopefully he's gonna pull it off." They’re also amused their hit song “Hey There Delilah” was turned into a parody song that’s lit up YouTube called “Hey Sarah Palin.” Please note this video does not reflect the views of myself or STAR 98.


STAR Artist Daughtry will rock Oprah’s two-day election event bringing together people of different viewpoints. In addition to Daughtry, today’s show features Whoopi Goldberg, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and political power couple Mary Matalin and James Carville. Oprah’s Election Special airs today at 4 p.m. on CBS.

As usual, the drama behind the scenes at Grey’s Anatomy is just as interesting as the on-screen storylines. Brooke Smith who plays Dr. Erica Hahn, has been unexpectedly fired from the show because of her character’s gay relationship with Sara Ramirez’s Callie. Apparently, ABC “had issues” with the relationship and Erica was told in mid-September after shooting the scene where her character realizes she’s gay that she was being let go. She told me, “It was the last thing I expected.” So, is it discrimination when you're fired from a job where you're told to be gay? No, I didn’t think so but something about this situation feels really unfair.

STAR Artist Leona Lewis plans on following in the footsteps of Angelina Jolie – she tells me, “I definitely want to adopt. My mom was a social worker and my dad was a juvenile offender officer, so I know that there are a lot of kids out there that need to be fostered and adopted.”

STAR Artist Coldplay’s latest CD is one of the top-sellers of the year and is in line to win a slew of Grammy’s but that doesn’t mean the guys are slowing down. By February they’ll be back in the studio recording a new album and hope to have it in stores by the end of 2009.

Briefly:
STAR Artist Hinder’s new CD “Take It to the Limit” is in stores today.

No comments: