September 11, 2008

It's the 7-year anniversary of 9/11. I hope you take a minute to remember all those we lost and celebrate the heroes of the most devestating day in U.S. history.

Britney Spears' mom Lynne has a new tell-all book in stores now. Here are some excerpts.
What Lynne thought when she saw TV footage of Britney, from whom she was estranged at the time, cutting off her hair in 2007:
The look in her eyes was desperately forlorn, angry and belligerent, all at once. I wept, praying almost incoherently that God would safeguard my daughter.
How Lynne reacted to Britney's 2004 surprise Las Vegas marriage to her friend Jason:
I was not pleased, to put it mildly. 'What were you thinking?' I chastised her. 'That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.'
Why Lynne thinks Britney had a meltdown:
I believe she had postpartum depression, which added to the end of her marriage and the pressures of her career, brought her to the breaking point. So many things in her life hadn't turned out the way she wanted.
How Lynne found out that Britney's 16-year-old sister Jamie-Lynn was pregnant:
Jamie-Lynn handed me a note. I unfolded it and read the words, 'Mom, I'm pregnant. I am going to keep the baby and everything is going to be okay.'...'What about our talks?' I cried. 'You told me you were a virgin!'...I was shocked, angry, sad. I must be the most naive mother in the world, I thought.
What Lynne's relationship with Britney is like today:
It has undergone tremendous healing. We are back to four or five phone calls a day.
STAR Artist Taylor Swift is on a roll. She got to do red carpet reports at the MTV Video Music Awards and has a whole mess of Country Music Association Award nominations. But she’s obviously a pop girl too – she told me her favorite part of the VMAs was getting to meet STAR Artist Pink and a very pregnant Ashlee Simpson. She told me “I got to touch Ashlee Simpson’s baby!” We should all be so lucky…

Another day, another list from Forbes magazine. Here's the Top 10 most overpaid actors in Hollywood:
1. Nicole Kidman
2. Jennifer Garner
3. Tom Cruise
4. Cameron Diaz
5. Jennifer Lopez
6. Jim Carrey
7. Nicolas Cage
8. Drew Barrymore
9. Will Ferrell
10. Cate Blanchett
You can’t get enough of The Dark Knight right? Warner Brothers is banking on it. They’re re-releasing the movie in January. It’s not that $512 million isn’t enough, it’ll be just in time for a final Oscar-season push. A source inside the studio told me “It's just a matter of bringing it back as a reminder for people.” Maybe Heath Ledger will get the Oscar all the critics think he should.

Oprah is so nice. Ok, she’s more than nice. The people at Merriam-Webster should invent a new word to describe how nice and caring Oprah is. Last year she donated $50.2 million to charity. That’s nicer than nice. That’s…nice-tacular-tastic.

First it was Jesse “The Body” Ventura in Minnesota, then Arnold in California and now we could see another celebrity governor. Star of Batman Forever, Val Kilmer is considering running for Governor of New Mexico in 2010.

STAR Artist Lifehouse will be in New York City this weekend to serenade number 4 and his new team, the Jets.

No comments: