October 14, 2008

The American Music Awards nominees were announced today. See if your favorite STAR Artist is up for an award. This year’s awards will be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel on November 23rd. STAR Artist Pink is slated to perform.

Jennie Garth is 9021-Oh so happy Jason Priestly is coming back to America’s best-known zip code. Jason has signed on to direct an episode of the new 90210 on the CW. “I'm happy that he's there. Jason directed a couple of episodes of the original show and he was great. He's a hoot, so it'll be fun." Sure Jennie is excited to reunite with Jason but I’m guessing Jason’s just as happy to reunite with a paycheck.

If Sarah Palin becomes Vice-President, don’t expect to see Tina Fey on every Saturday Night Live. She told me “We’re gonna take it week by week. If she wins, I’m done. I can’t do that for four years. And by ‘I’m done,’ I mean I’m leaving Earth.” Tina did tell me she thinks Palin is fascinating, very likeable and fun to play.

STAR Artist Sara Bareilles kicked off her first-ever headlining tour last Thursday, and so far, she says she's finding it "stressful," to say the least. "I've noticed myself in the last day or so just really feeling the pressure of wanting to make the show amazing...I'm trying to relax a little bit. You might think that by this point, she'd be tired of playing those songs live, especially her hit "Love Song." But Sara tells me, "The energy of the crowd and people getting excited about hearing that song usually makes it really fun to sing,

Eli Stone is back for its second season premiere tonight at 9 p.m. on ABC. Sigourney Weaver will guest star as Eli’s psychiatrist.

Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria Parker is giving me the skinny on her weight gain. She says rumors she’s pregnant have just been blown out of proportion because she’s just put on some natural weight. “I never went up a size, I just got rounder. I’m still a size zero.” Oh I get it, Eva’s a mathematician. Zero is a round number.

Would ya believe it? Last night STAR Artist Janet Jackson postponed another concert. Doctor’s orders made her cancel the gig in New York. It's official: I now have absolutely no idea what’s going on with her.

Briefly:
If you waited to see Indiana Jones on DVD instead of paying $9 per person to see it in theaters, your wait is over. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull hits stores today.

STAR Artist The All-American Rejects have pushed back the release of their new album “When The World Comes Down” to December 16th.

STAR Artist David Cook revealed to me his debut CD will be self-titled. Look for it in stores November 18th.

STAR Artist Sara Bareilles, KT Tunstall, Colbie Caillat and others are all featured on a new collection of Christmas songs called "Hotel Café Presents: Winter Songs." Check it out in stores today.

Looks like Fall Out Boy won't be releasing their new CD on November 4th after all, because they're concerned about the fact that November 4th is also Election Day. Look for it (hopefully) December 16th.

No comments: